Any new construction, or remodeling which changes dimensions of a structure, needs a permit; also fences, sheds, decks, demolition, excavation, etc. 
Contact the Zoning Administrator BEFORE STARTING the project. 
Filling & Grading must not be detrimental.
​EROSION CONTROL has  been added to ordinance.
See Forms and Samples available for use from this page.

911 address numbering is under the direction of the 911 coordinator.
at the Bottineau County Website. Lake Metigoshe information here.

The ND Water Commission regulates Lake Metigoshe 
(State waters) 
rather than (or in addition to) the Corps of Engineers 
(Federal waters). 

Beach projects may need permits
 NDCC 89-10 gives information and can be accessed at the link below (see in particular

ND Water Commission Website

Contact for Permit Information: Jerry Heiser 328-4935
701-871-7255- or 263-1090
tlkihle@gmail.com or  rolandtwp@srt.com 
Forms & Samples to View/Print /Fill Out prior to contacting the Zoning Administrator:

~Pre-Application Check List 
For information needed prior to applying for a permit.

To assist in preparing a permit: ~Pre-Permit Query   

 Application for:
~Demolition, Excavation, or Move In/Move Out

Application for Shoreland Landscape Alterations:
~Grade/Fill, Topography, or Excess Tree Clear

​~Sample Building Permit
for reference only

~Permit Fee Schedule

~Variance Agreement Info

~RV Permit Info

~RV CUP New Application 
Note: Annual Fee is $75  
plus LMRSD $125

Fence Permit

ReZone Application

Contact Zoning Administrator for information and to issue permit.

A map of Lake Metigoshe can be accessed here.

ND State Contractor Regulations apply for projects over $4,000.
Roland Township does not license contractors.
Roland Township, Bottineau County, ND

AMENDMENTS now included in the ordinance:
Shoreland Areas - add erosion control, 12' setback for fences
Commercial District Zoning - add C-2
RV Temporary Use - add storage option

Lake Metigoshe Zoning Map as of 2023 can be accessed here.

Added to Fee Schedule:

Pavement Cut Fee: $4,000 
to cover cost of hot mix repair when pavement is cut during construction or repair for sewer connection, etc., collected at time of Permit Application. {4/2019}
Separate Addendum includes:
- ND Dept of Health Regulations for Mobile Home Parks, Trailer Parks & Campgrounds
- Liquified Petrolem Gas (LPG) Regulations
- Nuisance Ordinance

Click HERE for the
Current edition of the Zoning Ordinance, with updates as of May 2023.

$5.00 to request a copy to be mailed to you.

A map of Roland Township can be accessed here